Lake Purdys is a private, member’s only association. The lake, clubhouse, and surrounding grounds are for members only. Please respect and honor our rules and regulations.
To view a printable version of these rules and regulations, please click here.
- No swimming while lifeguard off duty or not at beach front.
- An adult must accompany children under twelve years old.
- No diving or jumping from cement dock.
- Diving is allowed off floating dock in middle of lake.
- No swimming passed the second rope.
- No littering on beach and surrounding lake property.
- No yelling or screaming to distract lifeguard.
- No pushing or roughhousing.
- No dogs allowed.
- Curb your dog in surrounding area.
- No tipping, rocking, or going under the raft.
- No throwing sand.
- No glass allowed on beach.
- No fishing in swimming area – all year round.
- No climbing on rocks.
- No hanging on ropes.
- Guests are welcome, but must be accompanied by a current member.
- No parking in front of clubhouse or blocking emergency vehicles from entering beach area. Parking at lake is for members and visiting guests only.
If members 12 years old and up disobey the above rules it will result in the following:
- First Offense – Verbal warning from lifeguard or adult at the beach. Marked in the book. Lifeguard/adult will report incident to their board contact. Board contact will contact the child’s parent and explain the situation.
- Second Offense – Verbal warning and marked in the book by lifeguard/adult at the beach. Banned from the lake for 1 week. Lifeguard/adult will report incident to their board contact. Board contact will contact the child’s parent and explain the situation.
- Third Offense – Verbal warning and marked in the book by lifeguard/adult at the beach. Third offense punishment – child must be accompanied by an adult to the beach for the rest of the summer. Lifeguard/adult will report incident to their board contact. Board contact will contact the child’s parent and explain the situation.
All members must sign in with the lifeguard. All children 11 years and younger not accompanied by an adult will be asked to leave – the lifeguard is not a babysitter.
- DIVING SAFETY – Diving is only allowed from floating dock in middle of the lake.
- DECK SLIDES – No slides allowed.
- WEATHER/ WATER QUALITY – There is no swimming allowed without the lifeguard present. Lifeguard has the responsibility to make the judgment in bad weather to close the beach (such as rain, lightning, hail, thunder). He/She also has the authority to close the beach when bad water turbidity. Lifeguard will make weather announcement with two short whistle blasts.
- BATHER CAPACITY – Our beach holds 250 people.
- SUPERVISION – Each family is responsible for each child. The lifeguard is not to be a babysitter. A child without a parent or guardian will be asked to leave. Two or more adults must be present.
- CHEMICAL STORAGE AND HANDLING – All of the chemicals are stored in the clubhouse out of the reach of children. Chemicals are handled by the lifeguard and lake chairperson(s) only. All chemicals are properly labeled by the manufacturer.